Collection of information
- We collect personal information from you, through your membership of j-junction, as well as from third parties.
- We obtain most personal information through the membership registration process, reference checks with your nominated referees, post-date questionnaires and updates to membership details.
- The personal information we collect is obtained from the questionnaire that you are asked to complete at the time that you apply to become a member of j-junction.
- We also collect information from third parties including your nominated referees through a reference check and from the post-date questionnaires that we request all j-junction members to complete following the dates they have attended with other j-junction members.
- In general, the personal information we collect includes (but is not limited to) name, contact details, gender, age, nationality, level of religious observance, interests as indicated on your registration form.
Use of the information
- We may use information we collect from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. We generally use personal information to:
- provide you with the service you have requested;
- communicate with you (including transmitting messages from other members);
- provide you with ongoing information about other services that j-junction may offer from time to time that we believe you may be interested in;
- investigate any complaints about or made by you; and/or
- investigate you if we have reason to suspect that you are or have been using j-junction in breach of the terms and conditions of use or if we have reason to suspect that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity.
- In most cases where we ask you to provide information about yourself, if you do not provide us with that information, we will not be able to provide you with the requested service.
Disclosure of the information
- We may disclose personal information to employees, matchmakers, board members of j-junction, and other members of j-junction, as well as to other third parties:
- authorised by you to receive information held by us (including other members);
- as required or authorised by or under any law;
- as a necessary part of any investigation by us into you or your j-junction membership; and/or
- if we have reason to suspect that you are or have been using j-junction in breach of the terms and conditions of use or if we have reason to suspect that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary, for example, for the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of any unlawful activity (including to the Police or any other enforcement body).
- We recognise that the personal information we collect from you may include sensitive information such as information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, level of religious observance, criminal record and health.
- We may use and disclose this sensitive information only for the purpose for which it was provided, a directly related secondary purpose, or as allowed by law unless you have agreed otherwise.
Management and security of the information
- j-junction has put processes in place to protect your personal information from misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure in accordance with this policy and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the use of secure storage facilities, firewalls, password access, and secure servers.
- Our staff members and matchmakers are also required to enter into confidentiality agreements, undertaking not to disclose any sensitive personal information regarding our members.
Updating your information
- We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Members of j-junction can update their membership information by logging into their profile through the j-junction website or by contacting j-junctionby email, telephone, or letter. Except where required by law, or if we suspect that you are or have been engaged in any unlawful activity, we will destroy your personal information on termination of your membership with j-junction
Access to your information
- Subject to certain exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to the personal information we hold about you, and advise us of any inaccuracy, at any time.
- If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, please contact us in any of the following ways:phone: (02) 9387 3499
write to: j-junction 17 Flood Street,
Bondi NSW 2026
- If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require.